Makes 1 cups
- 1 15-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, vinegar, basil, sugar (if desired), marjoram, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
Store any remaining sauce in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.