Makes 8 servings
- 1 recipe Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough (see below)
- Olive oil
- ½ to ¾ cup Tomato Pizza Sauce (see below)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp pine nuts (optional)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup baby arugula or spinach
- 8 to 10 small fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
Prepare Garlic and Herb Pizza Dough (see below). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease a large baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-inch-diameter circle. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet; prick dough with a fork. Brush lightly with olive oil. Bake about 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
Spread Tomato Pizza Sauce (see below) onto hot crust almost to edge. Top with Roma tomatoes and cheese. Drizzle tomatoes with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you like, sprinkle pizza with pine nuts. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes more or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
In a small bowl whisk together remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Add arugula and basil leaves; toss lightly to coat leaves with dressing. To serve, arrange arugula mixture and cherry tomatoes on pizza.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.