Makes 16 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Desired variations/toppings, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Spray with nonstick spray; set pan aside.
- In a microwave-safe mixing bowl combine butter and chocolate. Microwave on HIGH at 30-second intervals until melted, stirring each time. Stir in sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition. Stir in flour and cocoa just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Add toppings, if desired. Cut into bars.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.