Get into the spirit of playing with your food. Scrumptious make-ahead brownies can be cut into rectangles and iced to look like dominoes.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 tbsps water
- 6 ozs unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boiling. Stirring constantly, boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add chocolate; stir until melted. Cool briefly.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir well. Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool brownies in pan on a wire rack. While brownies cool, prepare Cream Cheese Frosting. Spread or pipe frosting on cooled brownies.