Makes 16 servings
- 1 package brownie mix for 8×8-inch pan
- Melted butter, eggs and water required by mix
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder, optional
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, using designated amount of melted butter, eggs and water. Stir ½ cup blueberries into batter; transfer to greased 8×8-inch pan. Bake at temperature and for time recommended on package, removing from oven 3 minutes before end of baking time. Scatter remaining ½ cup blueberries over brownies and bake for 3 minutes or until done. Cool on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, for dark chocolate glaze, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, water and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa powder and, if desired, espresso powder until smooth. Drizzle over brownies. Cut into bars. After 24 hours, store in refrigerator.