Makes 4 servings
- 16 cooked Classic Meatballs
- ½ (18- to 20-ounce) bottle smoky BBQ sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage
- 1 small red onion, cut into slivers
- 2 pickled banana peppers, cut into rings*
- ¼ cup banana pepper brine
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped; for garnish*
- Preheat broiler to HIGH. In a medium saucepan, combine cooked meatballs and BBQ sauce. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Brush cut sides of rolls with olive oil. Place on baking sheet, cut sides up. Broil 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, red onion, banana peppers and brine; toss to coat.
- Spoon cabbage mixture onto rolls. Top with meatballs and BBQ sauce. Garnish with jalapeño pepper, if desired.
- *Note: Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes. When working with hot peppers, wear protective gloves.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.