Makes 56 meatballs
- 1 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated yellow onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 pound 70% lean ground pork
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, stir together bread crumbs and milk until combined. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to soften.
- Stir in eggs, Parmesan cheese, onion, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Break ground beef and pork into chunks and add to bowl. Using your hands, gently mix until combined, being careful not to overmix. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape meat mixture into 56 small meatballs, using about 2 tablespoons meat mixture for each ball.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add one-third of the meatballs to the skillet. Cook until golden brown on all sides. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove from skillet. If desired, drain on paper towels. Repeat to cook remaining meatballs.
- Note: To keep meatballs warm while cooking remaining meatballs, preheat oven to 180°F. Place cooked meatballs on a wire rack in a rimmed baking pan and keep warm in oven.
BBQ Meatball Hoagie
Onion, pickled banana peppers and shredded cabbage top smoky BBQ-flavored hoagies with an extra kick from jalapeño pepper.
Hawaiian Teriyaki Meatball Stir-Fry
A base of white rice is topped with meatballs, peppers, pea pods, carrots, green onions, teriyaki sauce and seasoned rice wine vinegar.
Meatball Caprese Flatbread
Flatbread pizza crusts serve up a heaping helping of meatballs, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil-flavored olive oil.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.