Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 5 tbsp water, divided
- 1 small orange, juiced
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 cooked Classic Meatballs
- 2 sliced fresh pineapple rings
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh pea pods, halved
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ½-inch strips
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Green onions, cut lengthwise into thin strips; for garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water until dissolved; set aside. In a large saucepan, whisk together orange juice, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons water, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Stir cornstarch mixture, then stir into teriyaki mixture. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add meatballs to teriyaki mixture. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, until meatballs are heated through. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, cook pineapple rings for 6 to 10 minutes or until slightly charred, turning halfway through. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into small pieces. Set pineapple aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in the cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add pea pods, carrots and yellow and red bell pepper strips; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt.
- To serve, divide rice among 4 serving bowls. If desired, thread 3 meatballs onto each of 8 small bamboo skewers. Top rice with pineapple pieces, stir-fried vegetables and meatballs. Spoon teriyaki sauce over each serving. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.