Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 10 oz fresh rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces (2½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups halved strawberries, plus additional for garnish
- 6 cups lime sparkling water or club soda
- Fresh rhubarb ribbons, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- For fruit syrup, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, rhubarb and 1½ cups strawberries. Bring to boil over medium heat; reduce heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar dissolves and fruit is soft, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool mixture for 20 minutes.
- Strain fruit syrup mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl, using the back of a spoon to press the fruit against the sieve to release juices. Discard fruit pulp.
- Fill a large pitcher half-full with ice. Pour in strained fruit syrup; add sparking water and gently stir to combine.
- To serve, fill glasses with ice; add chilled juice mixture. Garnish with rhubarb ribbons, basil and additional strawberries, if desired.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.