Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded*
- 1 large lime, sliced
- 4 cups mango nectar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 16 oz tonic water, for serving
- 6 key limes, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Mango slices, for garnish
- For jalapeño-lime syrup, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and jalapeño halves. Bring to boil over medium heat; reduce heat. Add large lime slices and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture becomes syrupy, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; remove and discard jalapeño halves. Cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large pitcher, add jalapeño-lime syrup, mango nectar and fresh lime juice; stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- To serve, stir mixture in pitcher. Fill glasses with ice; add chilled juice mixture. Top each off with tonic water. Garnish with sliced key lime and mango slices, if desired.
- *Note: Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes. When working with jalapeño peppers, wear protective gloves.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.