Makes 8 servings
- 1 recipe Corn Broth (see below)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2 cups chopped, peeled Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and white pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 3 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and chopped
Prepare Corn Broth (see below); set aside. In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add corn, 1 cup green onions and jalapeño peppers. Cook for 5 minutes or until green onions and peppers are softened, stirring occasionally. Add Corn Broth, potatoes and thyme. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly. Remove thyme sprig.
Transfer 2 cups cooked mixture to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Return mixture to pot. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, white pepper and hot sauce. Serve chowder topped with bacon and remaining 2 tablespoons green onions.
*Note: Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes. When working with jalapeños, wear protective gloves.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.