Combine freshly grilled corn, jicama, red bell pepper, green onion and edamame in a crisp salad that bursts with the fresh flavors of summer. A vinaigrette made with apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, spices and seasoning adds bright, zesty flavor.
Makes 6 servings
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen shelled edamame, thawed and cooked according to package directions
- 2 ears of corn, grilled and kernels cut from cob*
- 1 ½ cups bite-size jicama sticks
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size sticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For vinaigrette, in a small saucepan combine vinegar, brown sugar, onion powder and cumin. Heat over medium-low heat; simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Whisk in olive oil and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine edamame, corn, jicama, red bell pepper and green onion. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours. Before serving, add parsley; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- *Note: Or substitute 1½ cups frozen super sweet corn, thawed.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.