Makes 16 servings
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- SPICED WALNUT FILLING
- 1 ¼ cups chopped toasted walnuts
- 3 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- CAKE BATTER
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) container of sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9- or 10- inch tube pan with a removeable bottom insert with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- For topping, in a medium bowl combine granulated and brown sugars, flour and cinnamon. Stir in butter; set aside.
- For filling, in a small bowl combine walnuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; set aside.
- For the batter, in another medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter on medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and vanilla (mixture may appear slightly curdled). Add flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined.
- Spoon one-third of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the filling evenly over batter. Repeat layers, ending with batter. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean and the cake is golden brown. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen edges of cake from pan with a thin metal spatula or knife. Remove cake from pan; cool cake completely before serving.
Note: To store, place cake in an airtight container and store at room temperature up to one week. Or double-wrap with plastic wrap and foil and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight at room temperature before serving.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.