Makes 4 servings
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Zest and juice from ½ lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 tsp salt, plus additional to taste
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp canola oil, plus additional if needed
- Microgreens, for garnish
- Radishes, for garnish
- For crema, in a small bowl stir together sour cream, lemon zest and juice and garlic. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- For fritters, place zucchini in a colander. Place colander on a plate to catch juices. Sprinkle zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and gently toss to combine; let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer zucchini to a clean dish towel; use towel to squeeze zucchini dry.
- In a large bowl combine beaten egg, green onions, leek and drained zucchini. In small bowl whisk together flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder and black pepper. Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture; stir until combined.
- Heat 3 tablespoons canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter into hot oil. Spread mixture, if necessary. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through. Drain fritters on paper towels. Season fritters to taste with additional salt.
- Garnish fritters with microgreens and radishes, if desired. Serve with crema.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.