Dishes that you might see at a breakfast buffet—crisp hash browns, smoky bacon, sautéed peppers and onions or scrambled eggs with cheese—combine their assets in this one palate-pleasing entrée. A hearty spin on the classic Denver omelet, which dates back to the cowboy era and railroad boom, this version delivers a bonanza of flavor in every bite.
Makes 4 servings
- 6 strips center-cut bacon, diced
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups frozen potatoes O’Brien
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet fry bacon over medium-high heat. Remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside. Cook onion and green pepper in bacon drippings for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes O’Brien and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are cooked and slightly crispy. Reduce heat to medium; pour in eggs and cook until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and reserved bacon. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Season to taste with black pepper. Serve egg dish warm.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.