Makes 5 servings
- 1 (15- to 16-ounce) sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cube
- 1 tbsp plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce*
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped cooked Herb-Roasted Turkey
- 5 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sliced avocado, for garnish
- Mexican crema, for garnish
- Radishes, cut into matchsticks; for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Roasted pepitas, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed pan with foil. Toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil; spread in a single layer on prepared pan. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender, turning halfway through. Remove sweet potatoes from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook for 15 seconds more. Stir in enchilada sauce, tomatoes and chipotle chiles. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl combine beans, turkey and sweet potatoes; add ¾ cup sauce and gently toss to combine.
- To assemble, spread ½ cup sauce in a 10-inch-square baking dish. Spoon 1 cup turkey mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese along center of each tortilla; roll up. Place filled tortillas, seam sides down, in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until heated through. Garnish with avocado, crema, radishes, cilantro and pepitas, if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
- *Note: Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn skin and eyes. When working with chipotle chiles, wear protective gloves.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.