Makes 4 servings
- Nonstick spray coating
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp canned chipotle pepper puree
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cubed
- 8 small blue corn taco shells
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil. Spray foil with nonstick coating. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine syrup and pepper puree. Add sweet potatoes; toss until combined. Spread sweet potatoes in prepared pan. Salt to taste. Roast 15 minutes, turning potatoes once halfway through.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 3 minutes or until softened. Remove skillet from heat. Stir beans, pepper and sweet potatoes into onion mixture. Spoon mixture into taco shells. Serve with lettuce, lime wedges and Greek yogurt. If desired, garnish with cilantro.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.