Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound fully cooked ham slices
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsps butter, cut up
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsps grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Fresh Italian parsley sprig, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 3-quart casserole. Alternately layer sweet potato, ham and apple slices in dish. Sprinkle with cranberries and dot with butter. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and increase temperature to 400°F.
In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Brush some of syrup mixture on sweet potato layers. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes more or until bubbly, brushing occasionally with remaining syrup mixture. If desired, garnish with parsley sprig.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.