Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound fully cooked ham slices
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp butter, cut up
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Fresh Italian parsley sprig, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 3-quart casserole. Alternate layers of sweet potato, ham and apple slices in dish. Sprinkle with cranberries and dot with butter. Bake, covered, 30 minutes. Remove from oven and increase temperature to 400°F.
In a small bowl combine maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Brush some of the syrup mixture on sweet potato layers. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until bubbly, brushing occasionally with remaining syrup mixture. If desired, garnish with parsley sprig.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.