Makes 8 servings
- 1 recipe Pastry for Double-Crust Pie
- 2 (21-ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll one pastry ball into a 12-inch circle. Fold pastry circle into fourths; transfer to a 9-inch pie pan. Unfold and ease pastry into pie pan without stretching. Trim pastry to edge of pie pan. Spoon cherry pie filling into pastry-lined pan.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll remaining pastry ball into a ¹⁄8-inch-thick rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut some pastry into strips ranging from ¼ inch to 1½ inches wide.
3. For lattice top, lay some pastry strips on cherry filling in one direction and lay some of the remaining strips in the opposite direction; trim pastry strips to edge of pan.
4. For edging, carefully twist narrow strips together to form a rope. Brush edge of bottom crust with egg to adhere rope along edge, overlapping as needed.
5. Using small leaf-shape cookie cutters, cut remaining rolled pastry. Brush cutouts with egg; attach to pastry rope on pie where edges overlap. Lightly brush top of pie with egg.
6. Bake about 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into slices; serve with whipped cream.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.