Makes 24 servings
- 1 recipe Pastry for Double-Crust Pie, link below
- 1 recipe Pastry for Single-Crust Pie, link below
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 10 cups peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse sugar, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll Pastry for Double-Crust Pie into a 19×14-inch rectangle. Fold pastry rectangle into fourths; transfer to a 15×10×1-inch baking pan. Unfold and ease pastry into baking pan without stretching. Trim pastry ½ inch beyond edges of pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add peaches; toss until coated. Spoon peach filling into pastry-lined pan.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll Pastry for Single-Crust Pie into a ¹⁄8-inch-thick rectangle. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut pastry into five 1¼-inch-wide strips and six ¾-inch-wide strips. Lay the wide strips parallel and diagonally on top of peach filling, about 1inch apart. Weave the thin strips diagonally through the wide stripes in the opposite direction. Fold the edges of the strips underneath edges of bottom crust. Crimp edges as desired.
4. Brush lattice pastry with beaten egg; sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired. Bake 45 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling begins to bubble. Cool on wire rack before serving.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.