To draw everyone together, serve this dinner family style in a large, rimmed serving dish. Place the pasta and vegetables in first, then ease the succulent browned chicken pieces onto the pasta. For the final touch, garnish the meat with sprigs of fresh herbs.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup butter, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest (zest of 2 lemons)
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 (16-ounce) package bow-tie pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded
In a large skillet, heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until golden brown. Add stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic. Top each chicken breast with a sprig of rosemary. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions until al dente. Cut asparagus into 3-inch pieces. Slice bell pepper into strips. During last 3 minutes of cooking pasta, add asparagus and pepper strips to boiling water. Drain. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until melted. Transfer to a large platter or bowl. Top with chicken breasts and serve.