Makes 4 cups
- ¾ cup apple cider or refrigerated pure pressed apple juice
- 1 ½ cups barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a 6-quart. electric pressure cooker whisk together apple cider, ½ cup barbecue sauce, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on poultry setting and high pressure for 8 minutes. Place towel over release valve, then move release valve to quick-release position. Carefully remove towel and allow steam to release.
- Remove lid and using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a cutting board. Whisk remaining 1 cup barbecue sauce into cooking juices. Cook, uncovered, on sauté setting for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, use two forks to shred chicken; transfer chicken to a bowl.
- Add ¹⁄₃ cup thickened barbecue sauce to chicken; toss to coat.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.