Makes 16 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 1-pound loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease with shortening; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas. Stir in melted butter and oil. Whisk in the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Sift the flour mixture into banana mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen edges of bread from pan; remove from pan. Cool completely on rack.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.