If autumn were a soup, this would be it. Apples, sweet potatoes and carrots along with the homemade stock provide a warm, luscious base that’s punched up with fresh ginger, garlic and curry. It's a sweet and savory soup you’ll want on hand all season long.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (1 pound)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped (¾ pound)
- 2 Gala apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- ½ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt, to taste
- Plain Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Toasted pecans, for garnish
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until softened. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook for 1 minute. Add sweet potatoes, carrots and apples. Stir in stock. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Stir in milk, coriander, curry powder and salt to taste. Heat mixture until hot. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with yogurt and toasted pecans, if desired.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.