Makes 10 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped pancetta (about 5 ounces)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ½ oz green beans, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 1½ cups)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup small shell macaroni
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook for 8 minutes or until crispy, stirring often. Add onion, celery and carrot; cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in green beans, oregano and basil; cook for 3 minutes more.
Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in spinach, chickpeas and macaroni. Cook for 10 minutes more or until vegetables and pasta are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.