Makes 4 servings
- 6 tbsps olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced ½ inch thick across the grain
- 12 ozs dried mother-in-law’s tongue pasta or plain pappardelle, tagliatelle or fettuccine
- 2 tbsps prepared pesto
- Flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Parmesan cheese shavings (optional)
For marinade, in a 1-quart dish combine ¼ cup of the olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic, and salt. Add chicken, stirring until thoroughly coated. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions until tender but still firm to the bite; drain and set aside.
Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook just until no longer pink. Remove from heat. Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm, reserving oil in skillet. Stir remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and the pesto into skillet. Arrange pasta and chicken on plates; drizzle with pesto mixture. If desired, garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese shavings.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.