Makes 8 servings
- 1 recipe Pastry for Single-Crust Pie (see below)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons plus ¹⁄³ cup water, divided
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 12 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- Coarse sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 12-inch circle. Fold pastry circle into fourths and transfer it to a 9-inch pie pan. Unfold and ease pastry into pie pan without stretching. Trim pastry to edge of pie pan.
- For a decorative edge, gently press trimmings together. Roll pastry to ¹⁄8-inch thickness. Cut pastry into 1-inch-wide strips; cut again diagonally at 1-inch intervals to make diamonds. Lightly brush edge of pastry in pie pan with the 2 to 3 teaspoons water; attach cutouts, slightly overlapping. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large saucepan combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and orange zest. Stir in orange juice and remaining ¹⁄³ cup water until smooth. Add 5 cups blueberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in 5 more cups blueberries. Spoon filling into piecrust, then top evenly with remaining 2 cups blueberries. Refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.