Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line twelve 2½-inch muffin cups with paper liners* or spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla; whisk in melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture all at once. Using a wooden spoon, stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake for 16 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
*For paper liners, use either purchased paper baking cups or 4×4-inch pieces of parchment paper.
Chocolate-Hazelnut Muffins with Banana
Reward yourself with a sweet-and-nutty snack of chocolate and hazelnuts, plus healthy chopped banana. Pair with steaming mugs of hot cocoa or serve as dessert.
Spinach-Gouda Muffins with Smoky Bacon
Rethink muffins as party appetizers by including smoky bacon, Gouda cheese and healthy greens. Sip bubbly soda water to cleanse the palate before a main dish.
Orange-Cranberry Muffins with Ginger Streusel
Bursting with tangy fresh cranberries and the zing of orange zest, this citrusy taste bud wake-up call is perfect for breakfast. Serve with tall glasses of fruit juice.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.