Every bite of this starter course is a celebration of fall flavors. Slices of tart Granny Smith apples contrast with sweet Honeycrisps, all on a bed of peppery arugula, anise-flavored fennel, earthy goat cheese and roasted rosemary-maple pecans. Increase the serving size and add grilled chicken or salmon for an appetizing entrée.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 1 cup loosely packed microgreens
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup Roasted Rosemary-and-Maple Pecans
- 1 tbsp chopped fennel fronds
- ½ recipe Apple and Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
- On a large platter, arrange arugula, microgreens, apple slices, fennel slices, goat cheese, pecans and fennel fronds. Serve with Apple and Poppy Seed Vinaigrette. Season to taste with sea salt flakes.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.