Spinach Mac-and-Cheese Gratin
Makes 6 servings
- 1 (16-ounch) package dry cavatappi pasta
- 1 recipe Classic Bechamel
- 1 cup shredded raclette cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1 cup shredded Oaxaca cheese
- 4 cups torn spinach
- ½ cup chopped fresh mixed herbs, such as Italian parsley, thyme, sage and/or chives
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta; reduce heat and gently boil for 8 minutes or until al dente; drain well. Transfer to a 10×10-inch baking dish.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat Classic Béchamel until warm. Slowly stir in raclette, Gruyère, Fontina and Oaxaca cheeses until completely melted. Stir in spinach until just wilted.
3. Remove sauce from heat; pour over cooked pasta in baking dish and stir until combined. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and fresh herbs. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven.
4. Heat oven broiler to high. Place baking dish 4 inches from heat; broil for 3 minutes or until bread crumbs are lightly golden.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.