Makes 14 servings
- CREAM-CHEESE FILLING
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- BREAD BATTER
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature; slightly beaten
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 1-pound decorative loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or grease with shortening; set aside.
- For cream-cheese filling, in a medium bowl whisk together egg, cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Set aside.
- For bread batter, in a large bowl whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, butter, sour cream and vanilla. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined.
- Spoon half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Carefully spread cream-cheese filling on top. Spoon remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen edges of bread from pan; remove from pan. Cool completely on rack.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.