A three-grain medley combined with baby bella mushrooms and creamy, smoky Gouda delivers sweet nutty flavor and texture.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups vegetable cooking stock
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ cup each freekeh, bulgur and farro
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- ½ cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- ¾ cup lightly packed baby spinach, stems removed
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat vegetable stock over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker on sauté setting. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook until fragrant.
- Stir in freekeh, bulgur and farro. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Add wine and simmer for 3 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add heated vegetable stock. Cover and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Let pressure naturally release, about 10 minutes. Place towel over release valve, then move release valve to quick-release. Carefully remove towel and allow remaining steam to release position. Carefully remove lid and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and Gouda cheese until melted. Stir in spinach until wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese, if desired.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.