Makes 8 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups crushed no-salt tortilla chips
- 2 cups roasted restaurant-style salsa
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups whole-kernel corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Fresh lime juice, to taste
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Sour cream (optional)
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced (optional)
- Additional crushed tortilla chips (optional)
In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in 2 cups tortilla chips and cook until softened. Add salsa and chicken broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes. Transfer soup in batches to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend for 1 minute or until smooth. Return soup to saucepan.
Add chicken, corn and black beans. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper. If desired, serve soup topped with sour cream, avocado slices and crushed tortilla chips.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.