Makes 12 servings
- 2 (6-ounce) containers Greek low-fat yogurt
- ½ cup finely chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill-weed
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 1 untreated cedar or alder plank
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (3-pound) skin-on salmon fillet
- 1 medium lemon, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium lime, cut into thin slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
For sauce, in a medium bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, onions, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill and salt. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Soak cedar plank in water at least 1 hour or overnight. When ready to grill, preheat grill to high heat.
Place cedar plank on hot grill, smooth-side down, for 10 minutes, being careful not to burn the plank. Carefully flip plank over and brush smooth side of the plank with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. (Preheating the plank allows it to begin releasing smoke and flavor.)
Place salmon, skin-side down, on smooth side of cedar plank. Brush salmon with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top with lemon, lime and red onion slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove salmon from grill. Garnish with fresh dill sprigs, if desired. To serve, cut into serving-size portions.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.