Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound dried striped or plain farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 8 ozs thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into ½-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven cook pasta according to package directions until tender but still firm to the bite; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add prosciutto and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until prosciutto is no longer pink and edges become slightly crisp. Set aside.
In a large skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Add cream; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently. Set aside 2 tablespoons fried prosciutto for garnish; add remaining prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper to cream mixture. Stir in pasta and toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately, garnished with reserved prosciutto and sliced fresh basil.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.