Spiraled pink and white dough bakes into tender cookies with a delicate raspberry-and-vanilla flavor. These showstopping treats are easy to make. Divide plain dough and add color and flavorings. Roll out both doughs, layer and roll into a log. Chill, then slice and bake!
Makes 24 servings
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp raspberry extract
- Red food coloring
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until partially combined. Add salt, baking powder and flour. Mix on low until well combined.
- Divide dough in half, leaving one portion in the mixing bowl. Transfer the other dough portion onto a sheet of waxed paper; roll into a rectangle. To the dough in the mixing bowl, add raspberry extract and drops of red food coloring; mix on low until the desired color is achieved and dough is evenly colored.
- Transfer colored dough onto a sheet of waxed paper; roll dough into a rectangle. Carefully stack colored dough rectangle on top of plain dough rectangle. If dough cracks, use fingers to press together. Remove waxed paper from top of dough.
- Using a straight edge, trim stacked dough into a neat rectangle. Discard extra dough or save for additional cookies. Carefully roll up dough rectangle tightly. Roll the log onto a baking sheet covered with colored sprinkles. Wrap log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut chilled dough into ¼-inch slices and space slices 1 to 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are slightly golden.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.