Makes 6 servings
- LEMON-THYME VINAIGRETTE:
- 4 tsps lemon zest
- 6 tbsps lemon juice
- 4 tbsps white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps honey
- 4 tsps fresh tarragon, minced
- 4 tsps fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh French green beans
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups fresh white cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups fresh green cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package mâche rosettes
- 6 red radishes
- 5 medium rainbow carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 or 4 green onions, trimmed
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- Goat or feta cheese (optional)
For vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, tarragon, thyme, mustard and garlic. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
For salad, in a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, combine water and salt; bring to a boil. Separately blanch green beans, snap peas, cauliflower and the broccolis for 1 minute each or until vegetables are slightly softened but still firm in the center. Transfer vegetables to a bowl of ice water and cool thoroughly; drain.
Arrange mâche, blanched vegetables, radishes, carrots and onions on a large platter. Place unpeeled eggs in a serving bowl, providing individual small saucers for discarded shells. (Or, peel, slice and arrange eggs over salad.) Serve salad with Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.