1. OPEN SHELVING: Convenient access to laundry products. May not be best for families with safety concerns for young children, pets, etc.
CLOSED SHELVING: Hides clutter and provides security. Doors can be fitted with safety locks to store chemicals and dangerous items.
2. WASH & DRY PRODUCTS: Wire baskets on a wipe-clean surface lets you easily maintain your laundry room’s cleanliness and simplicity. When needed, rinse the baskets and wipe down the shelves to remove dust and spills. Use baskets for dryer sheets and fabric softener, and for specialty laundry supplies, such as products for baby clothes, athletic gear, workout wear and/or lingerie. Put general purpose laundry soaps and products on open shelving so they are easy to grab. If drips are a concern, store bottles and jugs on a shelf tray.
3. STAIN REMOVERS: Streamline laundry chores by corralling all stain removers in one bin close to the washer. This might include laundry brushes, a toothbrush, cotton swabs, white cotton towels (for placing under stained clothing when cleaning them), stain removers, ammonia, vinegar, baking soda, powder or liquid bleach, color-safe bleach and homemade remedies in clearly marked bottles.
4. HANDY HELPERS: These are the little items you need to get the job done well. A stack of clean dishtowels, a sewing kit, a small bin with lingerie washing bags and safety pins for connecting pairs—socks and mittens—before laundering.
5. HANGERS: Repurpose a metal office file organizer to hold hangers by size and purpose. No grabbing for one and getting a tangled mess with this system.
6. STEAMED UP: A quality steamer removes wrinkles and creases, deodorizes and disinfects. Hand-held steamers may be less powerful than floor models, but save space.
7. SOAKING BUCKET: A good-size bucket can hold several white shirts or a plethora of dingy kid’s clothes while they soak in a stain-removing or brightening solution. Set the bucket in a kitchen or utility sink for longer soaks before adding the clothing to the laundry.
8. PRESSED: Save space and provide a safe, convenient spot to store an iron and an ironing board by installing a wall-mounted holder. Lint rollers stick to the wall without a holder.
Instructions: Power Wash