In Psalm 91, you find yourself surrounded by the goodness and power of God. The chapter is packed with reminders of how God works on behalf of those who love Him and dwell in His presence. It’s important to note that Psalm 91 is written to dwellers, those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High. These believers draw their strength and life from the Lord as they cultivate an intimate relationship with Him. It means they confess their sins, repent and lean upon the Lord God step-by-step in their lives.
Psalm 91 contains a series of promises about how God Almighty (El Shaddai) will sustain Christ followers who are dwellers, no matter what comes at them.
- He will protect you from every trap and disease (v. 3).
- He will cover you and give you refuge (v. 4).
- You will not fear the terror of night, arrows by day, deadly pestilence or disease (v. 5–6, 10).
- He commands His angels to guard you, to protect you (v. 11–12).
- He will rescue you (v. 14).
- He will protect you (v. 14).
- He will answer when you call (v. 15).
- He will be with you in trouble (v. 15).
- He will honor you (v. 15).
- He will reward you with long life (v. 16).
- He will show you His salvation (v. 16).
Psalm 91:1 brings us a sense of God’s control in this messy life. When things are good or not so good, God is in control. We live at His address when trouble knocks at the door. We lie down and sleep in peace because we are always in His presence.
When the Lord God Almighty is your dwelling place, you possess peace. You have guidance, protection, deliverance, spiritual blessings and eternal security. You will never be separated from His love. Although God doesn’t say we won’t have difficulties and challenges, He does tell us He’ll be with us in those times, rescuing, protecting or delivering us. He will always work on behalf of those who know Him and love Him. That is His promise to us, and He is faithful to keep all His promises (Psalm 145:13).
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.