- Wisdom (1 Corinthians 12:8) The Holy Spirit transmits wisdom about a particular instance or subject and sometimes gives this gift in conjunction with Knowledge. Wisdom allows you to understand or analyze the unseen or unspoken dynamics in a situation, event or action so you can appropriately respond. Wisdom allows you to properly apply knowledge and make the best choice.
- Knowledge (1 Corinthians 12:8) The Holy Spirit transmits information or knowledge about a particular situation, person or event, of which you otherwise would have no way of knowing. The information comes from God and not from your own ability or knowledge. Most believers have this manifested by way of a sudden without-a-doubt understanding in mind and spirit.
- Faith (1 Corinthians 12:9) The Holy Spirit supercharges your trust in God. This high-level belief that God is working in and through you helps you accomplish things you couldn’t do on your own. Every believer has faith, but sometimes we are double-minded and harbor doubt. The Holy Spirit manifests a strong faith so you can accomplish a miracle or task set forth by God.
- Healing (1 Corinthians 12:9) The Holy Spirit delivers Healing so you can be healed or can heal someone else. This gift cures any type of disease or sickness and is literally God working through you as an anointed vessel. There are many types of healing and some people are more gifted in a single type.
- Working of Miracles (1 Corinthians 12:10) The Working of Miracles, a blessing from the Holy Spirit, is God revealing Himself and His love for us in a very personal way. Divine intervention in any situation that goes beyond our comprehension is absolutely God’s perfect love for us. The Bible says God does not change (James 1:17, Hebrews 13:8, Numbers 23:19) so if He performed miracles in the Old Testament and the New Testament, He can do them today.
- Prophecy (1 Corinthians 12:10) The Gift of Prophecy is a direct word from God for you or someone else to lift up, edify or clarify. Through prophecy, God communicates truth to His people, sometimes about future events. You are an actual messenger from God and usually the message is word for word with no interpretation needed. 1 Corinthians 14:3 (NKJV) describes the Gift of Prophecy: “But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men.”
- Discerning of Spirits (1 Corinthians 12:10) The Discerning of spirits does not refer to the Holy Spirit, but to all other spirits in our world. It refers to distinguishing or judging the source or type of a spirit. There are three types of spirits: demonic spirits, God’s angels and human spirits. Demonic spirits roam freely on the earth and are here to steal, kill and destroy. Angels are messengers from God who minister to us. Human spirits are simply something inside us like the spirit of pride. Our Father God is very protective of us and the Holy Spirit uses the gift of discernment to make sure we are not deceived.
- Speaking in Tongues (1 Corinthians 12:10) Speaking in Tongues is a direct language from heaven and two types manifest from the Holy Spirit. In the first type, the Holy Spirit gives the ability to speak in a foreign and unknown language, like Japanese or Russian or any language you do not know or have not learned. This gift gives direction or answers directly from God to people who would not otherwise understand your language. The second type is a heavenly prayer language allowing you to speak directly to God. You will not know what you are saying with either, but the Holy Spirit directs and guides you. This prayer language supernaturally fills in the gaps when we don't know what to pray and allows us to go beyond our own understanding, letting our spirit communicate directly with our Creator.
- Interpretation of Tongues (1 Corinthians 12:10) Interpretation of Tongues operates in conjunction with Speaking in Tongues. In the case when Tongues is uttered in a body of believers God wants everyone to understand. The message given should always be scripturally sound and edify the body. 1 Corinthians 14 (NIV) says, “Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified."
© Grey Dog Media, LLC 2023. All Rights Reserved.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.