10 Tips for a Hope-Filled Life
Hope is a favorable and confident expectation and the happy anticipation of good. We have an everlasting hope because of God's character and His promises. So, when the storms of life blow, we can expectantly trust Jesus to act and take courage in the fact that He has authority and power over all Creation.
Try these tips for living a hope-filled life:
- Set aside daily quiet time with Jesus. Spend it time alone with Jesus through studying scripture, prayer, singing and thinking about his word. How can you hope in someone you don’t know?
- Keep a prayer journal. A journal helps remind us of how God is trustworthy so we can hope, expectantly trust, in the future.
- Read the Psalms. These passages recount God‛s trustworthiness to the people of Israel and to David, their king.
- Seek God’s perspective. When we analyze a relationship, event, or issue from God’s view we can see how He is working. First, bring these situations to God in prayer. Since we know God’s character and that He is working and directing events, we can trust Him with the results.
- Drop guilt, shame or envy- driven sources: avoid websites, magazines or television programs that generate feelings of envy, bitterness, sensuality, strife and jealousy. (For more see Gal. 5:19-21.)
- Remove negative sources. Stop listening to sniping news commentators. Turn off the negative news and seek out accurate fact-based news. Avoid negative coworkers, or direct conversations to positive topics.
- Listen to uplifting music. Lyrics can be more than bad boyfriends, sex and discontentment. Seek music that gives hope.
- Think on higher things. Seek out positive sources. There is a place for laughing baby or cute puppy videos, but go beyond these. Find sources that call out your best (Phil 4:8, Gal. 5:22,23).
- Walk in the spirit. Be an imitator of God, walking in love. Show who you are through humility, patience, charity and forgiveness. (For more see Eph. Chapters 4 and 5.)
- Seek good, godly friends. As Paul wrote, "do not be deceived: bad company ruins good morals" 1 Cor. 15:33. Find good friends who will stir up and strengthen your faith.
© Grey Dog Media, LLC 2023. All Rights Reserved.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.