This salad gets an A+ for taste and nutrition. Tender, young spinach leaves are powerhouses of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, plant-based compounds with disease-fighting potential. Sweet, juicy berries boast brilliant colors, signaling their protective antioxidants. Top it all off with creamy flecks of high-protein, low-fat goat cheese and honey-sweetened raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
Makes 4 servings
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach, washed and dried
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese, broken into small pieces
For raspberry vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, raspberry vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; set aside. On a platter, mound spinach. Top with berries and onion. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve with vinaigrette.