Game Night Pizza
Pizza is the perfect playful food. Set the scene for a night of family sharing by loading a healthful crust with choices of tomatoes, peppers, onions, salad greens, pineapple, meat and cheese.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup warm water (105° to 115°F)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan; set aside. In a food processor combine flour, yeast, basil, garlic clove and salt. Cover and process for 10 seconds or until ingredients are combined. Add olive oil.
- With processor running, pour only enough of the warm water through feed tube to form a ball of dough (you may not need all the water). Process for 1 minute to knead the dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, then shape into a ball. Cover with a slightly damp towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Press and lightly stretch dough to edges of pan, forming a half-inch rim around dough edges. Add sauces and toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes, watching closely to avoid burning.
- MINI PIZZA TOPPERS All-Time Kid Favorite—thinly spread pizza sauce on dough; top with pepperoni and mozzarella or Parmesan cheese. BBQ Delight—spread BBQ sauce, top with shredded barbecued chicken and thin slices of red onion. Veggie Dream—drizzle with olive oil; top with fresh slices of tomato, bell pepper strips and fresh mozzarella slices. Bake, then sprinkle with fresh arugula before serving.