A humble pasta dinner is a family-pleaser on a winter weeknight. Steaming bowls of fettuccini serve as the perfect foundation for a satisfying meal.
Makes 4 servings
- 8 ounces fettuccini
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cups freshly grated Parmesan
- White pepper
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and set aside.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Whisk in garlic; sauté until cooked. Add mushrooms and tomatoes to skillet. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add prosciutto; sauté for 4 to 5 minutes more or until crisp. Set aside.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add flour until thickened. Slowly add cream and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes, whisk in Parmesan until mixture is heated through. Season with white pepper.
Gently stir together pasta, mushroom-tomato mixture and sauce. Garnish with basil, shaved Parmesan, lemon zest and freshly ground pepper.