Makes 4 servings
- 2 tbsps salted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsps grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (1 pound)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped (¾ pound)
- 2 Gala apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups Homemade Chicken Stock, page 85
- ½ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Salt, to taste
- Plain Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Toasted pecans, for garnish
In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until softened. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook for 1 minute. Add sweet potatoes, carrots and apples. Stir in stock. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Stir in milk, coriander, curry powder and salt to taste. Heat mixture until hot. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with yogurt and toasted pecans, if desired.
We want to keep in touch.
Don’t miss out on the latest Life:Beautiful updates, promotions and news.