This warm and creamy dip showcases the deep, earthy flavors of artichoke, highlighted by garlic and Havarti cheese along with a splash of lemon. Assorted fresh veggies are great for scooping it up.
Makes 12 servings
- 4 thick slices bacon, chopped
- 10 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup pickled giardiniera cauliflower, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces Havarti cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Assorted fresh vegetables, crostini or pita chips
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Add shrimp; cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes. Drain fat. Transfer bacon and shrimp to a plate lined with a paper towel; set aside.
In same skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until tender.
Chop shrimp. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon peel and lemon juice. Stir in artichokes, cauliflower, Havarti cheese, bacon, shrimp and onion mixture. Season to taste.
Spread mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with assorted vegetables, crostini or pita chips.