Hard-boiled eggs rest gently on a bed of flavor comprised of creamy avocado, watermelon radishes and tender greens. Gently toss with our dill-and-lemon vinaigrette. Make enough of the bold dressing to use later on grilled salmon or shrimp.
Makes 4 servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups spring greens
- 2 small avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup sliced watermelon radish or other radishes
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
For vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a small saucepan. Add water to cover. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain. Run cold water over the eggs or place them in ice water until cool enough to handle; drain.
Divide greens among four salad plates. Peel eggs;* quarter lengthwise. Arrange eggs, avocados, radishes and tomatoes over greens. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with vinaigrette. If desired, garnish with fresh dill sprigs.
*Note: To peel eggs, gently tap each egg on the countertop. Roll the egg between the palms of your hands. Peel off eggshell, starting at the large end.