Dress up a store-bought Italian loaf or baguette with melted butter mixed with garlic, Parmesan and a variety of seasonings.
Makes 9 servings
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (12 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf baguette-style French bread
Preheat broiler. Combine butter, olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, salad dressing, black pepper and red pepper flakes and mix well.
Use a serrated knife to cut bread in half lengthwise. Place bread halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Use pastry brush to spread butter mixture on bread. Broil for 1 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.