Peaches in their juiciest prime are the first choice for this family favorite. If peaches aren’t at their peak, they will be tender and flavorful if grilled. Pair them with sweet rosemary-honey chicken breasts and candied pecans. Butter lettuce, radicchio and Belgian endive create a crunchy foundation. Top with purchased mango salad dressing.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 large peach, pitted and cut into 12 wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 small head butter lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn into pieces
- ½ small head radicchio, rinsed, dried and torn into pieces
- 2 heads Belgian endive, rinsed and dried
- Purchased mango salad dressing
Spray a grill pan with nonstick cooking spray or brush with vegetable oil. Heat grill pan on stovetop over medium heat. Brush chicken with honey and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the rosemary. Cook chicken until done (165°F). Remove; set aside.
Arrange peach wedges in hot grill pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon rosemary. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until grill marks appear. Turn, sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary and cook 30 to 60 seconds more. Remove from pan; set aside.
Meanwhile, for candied pecans, in a medium skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in pecans to coat. Add sugar and stir until melted. Remove from heat and spread on foil to cool and harden.
Divide greens evenly among four plates. Slice chicken breasts; divide among salads, fanning slices. Add peach wedges. Scatter candied pecans over salads. Serve with mango dressing.