Makes 6 servings (1 slice each)
- ⅓ of the recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (recipe below)
- ½ of a 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, well drained and cut into quarters
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ of a fresh medium red bell pepper
- ¼ cup light Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend or mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup packed torn spinach leaves
Prepare Whole Wheat Pizza Crust and let it rise while preparing the toppings.
In a bowl stir together quartered tomatoes and oregano. Cut red pepper into thin rings. Roll out and cook dough as directed in Whole Wheat Pizza Crust recipe (recipe here).
Spread dressing over crust. Top with pepper rings and chicken. Leaving juice from tomatoes in bowl, add tomato quarters to pizza. Top with half of the cheese, all of the spinach and remaining cheese. Tent with foil until cheese is melted.